Technical Manager / Senior Technical coordinator
The ideal candidate is likely to come from an architectural (possibly RIBA accredited) , engineering or construction background with experience of working on residential developments ideally with a developer.
- Over 7 years post qualification experience preferred
- A degree in Architecture / Architectural Technology or something related
- Prior experience working with Consultants, House builders and Developers
- Excellent understanding of residential development process
Excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager / Senior coordinator to oversee the technical aspects of a portfolio of live and upcoming residential developments in Hemel Hempstead (Herts) and Aylesbury (Bucks) from pre-construction stage through to construction and handing over to the end customer.
The main objective of the role is to control and co-ordinate all of the technical information between external consultants and ensure its timely distribution to construction to meet the build programmes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Typically the Technical Manager will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- To assist and co-operate with the Land Department in the investigation and acquisition of development sites.
- Check all drawings and details for accuracy and completeness.
- Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the construction process.
- Ability (when required) to be able to prepare detailed construction drawings
- Negotiate and secure technical and statutory approvals
- To be responsible for identifying and resolving technical design and construction problems.
- Attend regular design team meetings with consultants; take and distribute minutes as required.
- Ensure consultants working to brief and delivering to programme
- Liaise with consultants during technical design and respond to queries raised
- Ensure the timely provision of production information to the project team
- Review and comment on technical information for best value engineered solutions and compliance with the specification.
- Brief specialist suppliers and send out design enquiries to include beam and block floors, floor joists, lintels, trussed rafters, ventilation , plumbing and heating
- Review and comment on specialist suppliers drawings to ensure co-ordination of detailed design
The company in question is a privately owned developer who has achieved impressive growth, year on year, for the past 5 years, and financially stable. Nominated for multiple prestigious awards in 2017 and 2018 and with a healthy already owned and secure pipeline of projects in Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire they are looking to grow their in-house construction team.
- Basic Salary £50,000 to £55,000.
- £5,000 Car Allowance
- Discretionary Profit Share Scheme
- Excellent Package & Benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year
To apply for this vacancy, please complete the form below and upload your CV.